Two part course
A two part course, following which participants will be able to plan and deliver Friendship Groups in schools.
The small group intervention (4-6 children) is designed to be delivered over a 6 week period and covers:
- Who are our friends?
- What do we look for in a friend?
- Accepting difference
- How do we talk to our friends?
- How do we listen to our friends?
- What is conflict and how to deal with it
- What is peer pressure and how to deal with negative peer pressure
- During this two day group leader training participants will:
- Have the opportunity to work through a complete intervention and become familiar with all content
- Learn how to facilitate to group
- Develop reflective practice for working in a group
- Learn how to deal with challenges within the group
- Be able to demonstrate the impact of the intervention
Objectives & Outcomes
- Receive all materials to plan and deliver 6 week Friendship Groups in their school
- Become familiar with the aims of the intervention and all the resources provided
- Feel confident to facilitate the intervention manage challenges that arise within the group
- Receive further support and guidance whilst running groups
Course participants will be provided with all necessary resources, including prescriptive materials, to set up and deliver the intervention in their school.
Please note this is a 2 part training and participants must attend both sessions. If possible following Session 1 we encourage participants to start the delivery of a group in their setting. This will enable them to feedback in Session 2 and bring any issues they have encountered back to receive support and focus on the remainder of the intervention content.
This course is delivered by Toni Medcalf, CEO, Schools Counselling Partnership who is an Integrative Psychotherapist. There will be a charge of £150 per person for staff from other setting.
Dates: 11th October 2023, 12.30pm, Ealing
Venue: Ealing Education Centre
Date: 2nd November 2023