- Processing the circumstances or event within the context of the child/young person’s developmental ability
- Understanding the concepts of grief
- Identifying and understanding feelings and behaviours associated with a normal grief response
- Identifying and practising healthy ways to cope
- Honouring the relationship and establishing continuing bonds
- Identifying and accessing their own support system
- Feel more confident about supporting children/young people who have experienced a death
- Be able to put a programme of support for bereaved children/young people
- Receive resources to support them deliver the programme back in school
This course is provided by the Schools Counselling Partnership and delivered by the CEO, Toni Medcalf, who is an Integrative Psychotherapist. There will be a charge of £150** per person.
** this cost includes a pack of resources so that the participant can go back into school and get started straight away with very little planning and preparation.